Privacy & Consent
Consent forms primarily deal with the protection of participants personal information.
The Games and Apps Challenge involves 3 consent forms,
- A DET Consent Form requesting permission from participating adults to be photographed/filmed as a part of the Challenge and the resulting images, along with any work, to be posted on the listed online locations
- A DET Consent Form requesting permission from participating students to be photographed/filmed as a part of the Challenge and the resulting images, along with any work, to be posted on the listed online locations
- A School-Based Consent Form requesting permission from participating students to be photographed/filmed as a part of the Challenge and the resulting images, along with any work, to be posted on the school listed online locations
These are all available for download below. DET Student Consent Forms due at DET Central by Monday, September 17th. These can be scanned and emailed or posted.
Which students require a consent form?
Schools will have student work, and perhaps photos and video, of many participating students included in their final product. Any child who has work or their photo/voice, etc included in the final product requires a consent form. The consent forms allow a student’s work to be published online in the specified places.
Any student whose name, work, photo, video or voice appears in the,
- game / app / prototype created
- 60-second reflection video
- the design brief
Any student attending the Exhibition at ACMI on Friday, October 26th.
In accordance with the Department’s Consent policy, we also ask that teachers avoid including any personal information that is identifiable about an individual student without parental consent. Their first name, surname initial and year level is sufficient.
Posting and sharing information about a person other than yourself online or in any other way requires consent. Consent must be fully informed, freely given, current and specific in how the information will be presented and to whom it will be presented.
Schools will require signed authority for any work, images or information posted online. School should understand that while consent can be freely given, it can also be withdrawn at any time. The school would then be required to remove the content/resource immediately.
Parents/Guardians must notify the Communications Division if they wish to withdraw consent, but be aware they may not be able to withdraw consent if the images have already been published and are in the public domain.
DET Consent Form – Adult
DET Consent Form – Student
School-Based Student Consent Form
Links to further information about managing privacy at Victorian schools can be found in the FUSE Privacy package, “Privacy and Consent 2018”. This resource package contains direct links to DET privacy information and documentation. Click the image to the right to access the package.
Please Note: Mobile Phone numbers voluntarily supplied at the time of registration, will only be used at the time of the Challenge Exhibition for the purpose of conducting the exhibition, safety and security. These will not be disclosed to any third party and will be deleted after the Exhibition