Frequently Asked Questions

What is a prototype?

A prototype for this Challenge is a preliminary version or working model of a Game or App from which a full product may be developed later. It exhibits the essential features of the game or app with a range of detailed plans and drawings, sample code, sounds, images etc.

Can mixed grade classes enter as a team?

We encourage multi-aged groups. Such groups will be judged according to the year level of the eldest member.

Our files are larger than 50mb, how can I submit my entry?

The VGAC Website accepts files with a combined size of up to 50mb. If your files are larger than 50mb even when zipped, we recommend one or a range of the following:

* Providing a URL link to your preferred cloud storage (such as OneDrive) with your files all in one folder.

* Providing links to your clips via a video distribution platform such as YouTube or Vimeo.

* Any Victorian Government Teacher who wishes to package their students’ submissions or upload a video (to keep it private) using FUSE can do so by logging in with their Department ID and password and uploading the file/s to their My Desk in FUSE .

• Login to FUSE
  • Upload the resource (or several if packaging)
  • You have the ability to share the uploaded link by using the Learning Resource ID or selecting share (if you have an email client like Outlook).

Read “Guide to using FUSE and learning objects“, a valuable teaching and learning resource, or watch this short video about uploading Via Fuse.

Why can only teachers submit entries?

To protect the personal information about any student entering the challenge we ask that teachers don’t allow students to submit their entries themselves. In accordance with the Department’s Consent policy (below) we also ask that teachers avoid including any personal information that is identifiable about any individual student (other than first name and grade level).

Posting and sharing information about a person other than yourself online or in any other way requires consent. Consent must be fully informed, freely given, current and specific in how the information will be presented and to whom it will be presented. Schools will require signed authority for any work, images or information posted online. School should understand that while consent can be freely given, it can also be withdrawn at any time. The school would then be required to remove the content/resource immediately.

Can I help my students?

This is a challenge for students (we know you have passed Grade 6) so we ask teachers to guide their students but please let them do the work.

Where can I find some copyright free music?

The Creative Commons site is a great resource for free music and explains why it is important to use music with rights clearance. As stated in the Terms and Conditions, we are unable to judge entries where the rights for images and music do not have permission for use.